Wow … it’s been a while. I guess I’ve been suffering from a bit of real life mixed in with having nothing worth saying.
On the real life side of things, my parents have moved back to Canada in time for my dad to be hospitalized. The tumours spread to his spine, and the impact on his nerves is cutting off sensation to (currently) the lower half of his body. As a result, he can’t control any part of his body below his waist. I know what you’re thinking, and, no, he can’t control that either.
I spend about half of my time at the hospital nowadays.
The rest of my time I spend either at work, or working on achievements.
What achievements, you ask? Well …:
- I managed to do all of the Hallow’s End achievements except for The Masquerade. One night, I couldn’t be at my own computer so I asked a guildmate of mine to log on to Pookies and help me do a daily quest. He went on to help me get almost every costume I was missing! I’m all set to get the title as soon as 3.0.3 goes live!
- I explored the whole map. Yes, even painful, painful Azshara.
- I hit exalted with Cenarion Circle for the Guardian of Cenarius achievement and title.
- I hit exalted with all of the alliance factions for the Ambassador of the Alliance achievement and the “Ambassador” title (FUCK YOU Gnomeregan Exiles, you’ll never get another piece of Runecloth from me … EVER!).
- I’m currently sitting at 42 (/50) pets. I was at 41 this morning, but then before work I chanced upon Lil’ Timmy and he still had a Cat Carrier (White Kitten) for sale! BONUS! Right now I’m depending partially on rare drops for the remaining pets I need, unfortunately.
- I’m almost done buying all of the alliance mounts. After I pick up the elekks I should be sitting at 28 (/50). And then I’ll be flat broke. Time to get my dailies farm on.
- I managed to grind through revered with Sporeggar and get exalted a couple of days ago. I’m still need more than 20k Kurenai rep and more than 30k Timbermaw rep to achieve The Diplomat. Sigh … is it even worth trying?
I’m sad that it’s going to be a whole month and a half before the next world event. But I think that, in a way, Blizzard may have planned it this way. People now have time to level up before the festival hits.
Speaking of the expansion, I got lazy and didn’t preorder. But I’m planning to take a couple of days off and hit every gaming store within a couple of blocks to pick a copy up.
Let’s see … I live at Yonge and Wellesley in Toronto. At Yonge and Dundas, just two blocks away, we have a Future Shop, a Best Buy, an EB, and Game Shack (a smaller gaming store). I should be okay.